While booking your air tickets online, you must have come across the term defence quota or Indian armed forces quota. Have you wondered about what this special category means and how you can avail it, if eligible. Well, here is everything you need to know about defence quota in flights and how to book flight ticketing using defence quota on popular airlines like SpiceJet, Vistara, Indigo, Air India, etc.
What is Defence Quota in Flights
Defence quota is a special discount fare facility that is extended to the Indian Armed Forces personnel who are currently serving or have retired and their dependents. If you are an Indian Armed Forces personnel, then you can book Armed forces concession or defence quota air tickets for yourself or your dependent family easily on IRCTC Air. But before you head to the IRCTC Air website or app to complete your booking, you must take a look at the eligibility criteria.
Only Indian Armed Forces or Retired Personnel and their dependent family members are eligible to book their tickets using the defence quota. Married children are not considered to be a part of the family. To avail defence quota on your air ticket booking, you need to keep the following things in mind:
- - Official ID card issued to the Indian Armed Forces personnel or their dependent family member(s) will be needed at the time of booking and check-in.
- - Travel: Any sector within India
- - Children: No additional discount applicable
- - Date Change/Flight Cancellation Charges: As per the airline policy
- - Fare: Dynamic. Cannot be clubbed with any other offer or discount.
- - Ticket validity: As per the airline policy
- - Seat Availability: Limited seat inventory is available for each flight as per the airline
- - Booking channel: To avail defence quota in flights or Armed Forces special fare, you have to book your tickets on the IRCTC Air app or website.
Why Book Defence Quota Tickets on IRCTC Air
One of the best things about IRCTC Air is that it offers a seamless flight booking experience. But what really makes IRCTC Air stand out from other air ticketing portals is the transparent pricing. On IRCTC Air, users get exactly what they pay for as there are no hidden charges that surge the airfares at the last minute. Apart from this, IRCTC Air users can also avail a bunch of other perks such as the lowest convenience fee of just Rs. 50, free air travel insurance, easy multi-city booking, credit shell facility, super saver and lots more. If you are a serving or retired army personnel or their dependent family member, then visit the IRCTC Air website or download the mobile app to enjoy all these exclusive benefits in addition to booking defence quota air tickets. It’s easy, quick and absolutely hassle-free. Additionally, when you choose IRCTC Air to book defence quota special discount fares, you can:
- - Compare & choose from a wide range of flight options
- - Safe online payments using your preferred mode
- - Choice of seat
- - Smooth web check-in
- - Easy cancellation, rescheduling and refunds
- - 24*7 customer service
On IRCTC Air, you can do your defence quota booking on well-known airlines. For instance, defence quota on Vistara, defence quota on Spicejet, etc. You can also select any destination of your choice without any problem. So, whether you want to book a Leh to Delhi flight with defence quota or Srinagar to Delhi flight using defence quota, the choice is yours to make.
How to Avail Defence Quota on IRCTC Air
Ready to get started with your Air India/ Vistara/ SpiceJet defence quota ticket booking on IRCTC Air? Here’s what you need to do.
- - Log on to www.air.irctc.co.in
- - Select journey type (one-way, return or multi-city)
- - Select Armed forces Fare
- - Enter the origin and destination city/airport along with other relevant details such as the date of travel, number of passengers, and preferred class of travel, etc.
- - After entering all the information, hit the search button.
- - Subsequently, you’ll be directed to a page with a list of flight options for your particular dates. - - Now you can compare airfares from different airlines and choose your preferred flight.
- - Once you are satisfied with your choice of flight, you can proceed with the booking by adding passenger details along with the armed forces personnel/ dependents ID card number.
- - Finally, complete payment safely using your preferred mode. As soon as the payment is processed, you’ll receive a booking confirmation and email on your registered mobile no and email ID.
1. Is there any defence quota in flights?
A: Yes, there is a special discount fare facility on flight booking for Indian armed forces personnel who are currently serving, have retired, their families and dependents. To avail defence quota in flights easily, book your tickets on the IRCTC Air app or website.
2. Is there any concession for ex-servicemen on flights?
A: Yes. The concessionary fare for defence personnel is also extended to ex-servicemen. To book air tickets under defence quota easily, download the IRCTC Air app from Google Play Store or App Store today.
3. What is the procedure for Spicejet defence quota tickets?
A: If you want to book tickets for Spicejet under defence quota, you need to start by visiting the official IRCTC Air website i.e. www.air.irctc.co.in or opening the app on your mobile. Then select ‘Defence Fare’ under type of trip and fill in all the relevant details. To get only Spicejet airline tickets, you can add Spicejet as your preferred airline and then choose a flight that is most suitable for you.
4. What is the procedure for defence quota in Vistara?
A: For booking a defence quota ticket on Vistara airline, you have to first visit the IRCTC Air mobile app or website. Then select ‘Defence Fare’ as your flight type, add all the required information and select Vistara as preferred airline. You will be presented with a list of flight options. Choose the one you like best, review your booking and go ahead with payment. As soon as it is processed, you will receive tickets on your registered email address and mobile number.
5. How can I do Leh to Delhi flight defence quota booking?
A: On the IRCTC Air website or app, select ‘Defence Fare’ as trip type. Then enter your departure and arrival destinations as Leh and Delhi respectively. After adding all the traveller information, you can choose a suitable flight option and proceed with the payment. Once your payment is processed, you will receive your confirmed Leh to Delhi flight tickets under defence quote on the registered email id and mobile number.
6. How can I book a flight from Srinagar to Delhi with a defence quota?
A: The first thing you need to do is download the IRCTC Air app on your smartphone. Alternatively, you can access www.air.irctc.co.in on a browser and then choose ‘Defence Fare’ as flight type. Enter Srinagar and Delhi as departure and arrival destinations respectively. Fill in other details and hit search. Pick the best flight option and go ahead with the payment to complete your booking.
7. How can I get a Defence quota in flight?
A: To get defence quota in flight, you need to meet the eligibility criteria i.e. Only Indian Armed Forces or Retired Personnel and their dependent family members are eligible. If you qualify this, then you can visit the IRCTC Air app or website and book your tickets under the ‘Defence Fare’ category without any hassle.
8. How can I book a ticket with a defence quota?
A: Follow these simple steps to book your flight ticket under defence quota on IRCTC Air.
- 1) Visit the IRCTC Air app or website
- 2) Select journey type (one-way, return or multi-city)
- 3) Select ‘Defence Fare’
- 4) Enter the origin and destination city/airport along with other relevant details such as the date of travel, number of passengers, and preferred class of travel, etc.
- 5) Click on the search button
- 6) Choose a suitable flight, review your booking and proceed with payment
- 7) Once processed, confirmed air tickets will be sent to you online